Want to have successful children? Find out what parent entrepreneurs do



All parents want their children to succeed. And for many, the synonym of achievement is in those who have ideas and make them happen: the entrepreneurs.
Not for less. An American study has found that working for a month's salary is not the best way to accumulate wealth over a lifetime - it's best to do it through your own business.
If entrepreneurs understand better than anyone on the road to success, can parents learn to educate their children based on the childhood of these business owners?
Entrepreneur Bill Murphy Jr., founder of the ProGhostwriters platform, just turned father and asked himself that question.
He resolved to find the answer, and for that he heard the testimony of 118 entrepreneurs. Then he grouped the testimonials into some key tips. To their surprise, 93% of business owners reported similar childhood experiences. They can be summarized in just one sentence: "I started early."
What can parents do to have successful children? Check out the tips of the entrepreneurs:


1. Give vent to the child's natural desires
The first tip is also the most obvious: when your children have a desire to start something, stimulate them. After all, your child may find that he or she is very good at creating ventures.
Some entrepreneurs interviewed speak with pride of their internal motivation and their "entrepreneurial gene", which made them start opening businesses early. Have you ever wondered what would happen if the parents of these entrepreneurs did not let you do anything?
"When I was about nine or ten years old, I would stick up leaflets: I said I could take the garbage out of the houses, shop and water plants, for example. Then I hired older children to do the jobs and I got a 50% charge for getting the job done, "says Daniel Shemtob, founder of the TLT Food restaurant chain, which makes $ 10 million annually (about 30 million dollars) . "I ended up getting $ 50 to $ 200 a day, which was amazing." 

2. Want him to want to succeed? Set an example
According to Murphy Jr., one of the first types of experience that entrepreneurs had in childhood was observation. That is, they felt motivated to, still small, follow the trajectory of another entrepreneur.
"My father and mother were enterprising. My father always told me that it did not matter who wrote his checks: he worked for himself. And when I started my career, I had developed that mentality: I knew it would work for me, "says Mark Josephson, CEO of the Bitly Link Processing Platform. 

3. Make Your Child Make Your Own Money
Many entrepreneurs cited this same childhood experience: parents challenged them to find creative ways to make money.
This usually happens when the family goes through a real financial need, of course.
"I came from Lebanon, a country of war and social insecurity, and this formed me as an entrepreneur. I noticed when I was growing up that food is always needed, both on days of peace and on days of war. And so, I decided to undertake this business, "says Robert Atallah, founder of frozen food company CedarLane.
But even if your family is financially well, continue to encourage your child to think about how they could do something on their own.
"During elementary school, I really loved the NSYNC [pop band]. I and a friend invested our birthday money in candy and snacks and sold it at school until we had enough money to buy tickets in the last row at the Pond Theather in Anaheim [California, USA]. It was a very well spent money, "says entrepreneur Kasey Edwards, founder of Helpr's on-demand baby sitter application.
Anterior
Proxima »
thanks for the comment